Fun fact: Most of my family is Jewish. I’m still against circumcision, not because I have anything against Jewish people, but because I believe a baby boy’s right to his own body trumps his parents’ religion. It has nothing to do with being against them personally. I’m against it whether the person doing it is Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, Wiccan, Atheist, Agnostic, Deist, Catholic, or any other religion or lack thereof. I’m against it whether you’re male, female, both, or neither. I’m against it regardless of what country you come from or what color your skin is.
Cutting a baby’s genitals? Never okay unless there is a legitimate medical cause. I’m not talking about theoretically reducing his risk of HIV transmission if he’s straight and doesn’t use a condom and is the insertive partner. I’m talking an actual reason for why that foreskin must be removed right then as opposed to waiting until he’s old enough to decide if the possibly lowered risk of HIV is worth losing the most sensitive part of his penis.
You wouldn’t take out a baby’s appendix just because of the chances they will get appendicitis later in life. You wouldn’t keep them in a bubble to keep him from getting sick. You wouldn’t intentionally infect them with chicken pox so they can get it over with then and not have to worry about a complicated case when they get older.
The foreskin is no different. It’s a part of him. It’s not something extra. It’s not a defect. It isn’t yours to remove.
Baby boys are perfect the way they are. There’s no need to remove a perfectly functioning part of their body just for looks.
14 Notes/ Hide
- alittlepainalittlepleasure likes this
- legalizeforeskin reblogged this from cobblepot
- katherinemayfair likes this
- mashkwi likes this
- nekogakawaku said: Actually, intentionally infecting children with chicken pox if they haven’t gotten it by a certain age is fairly common practice in some areas. However, it’s moot point because the two things aren’t really comparable.
- akumamavado likes this
- legalizeforeskin likes this
- cobblepot reblogged this from lovelogicrainbows
- lovelogicrainbows posted this